- As the market evolves, capabilities that were once cutting edge become default and new functionality becomes differentiating.
- Vendors use a lot of marketing jargon, buzzwords, and statistics to sell their solutions, making objective evaluation rather difficult.
- The endpoint protection (EPP) market is overcrowded and fragmented, resulting in information overload and consequently, a difficult vendor assessment.
- Disparate product solutions are being bundled into one-off solutions or suites, often resulting in less efficient solutions than the more niche players.
- Imminent obsolescence is an issue. Previous EPP solutions have not adapted with the rapidly evolving threat landscape and are no longer relevant, resulting in breaches or vulnerabilities.
- Don’t let vendors and market reports define your endpoint protection needs. Identify the use cases and corresponding feature sets that best align with your risk profile before evaluating the vendor marketspace.
- Your security controls are diminishing in value (if they haven’t already). Develop a strategy that accounts for the rapid evolution and imminent obsolescence of your endpoint controls. Plan for future needs when making purchasing decisions today.
- Endpoint protection is a matter of defense in depth and risk modelling, there is no silver bullet protection and mitigation solution. As end-client-technology providers release regular product/software updates, security tools will become outdated. Multiyear endpoint protection commitments will leave you playing a constant game of catch up.
Impact and Result
- The solution is a holistic internal security assessment that not only identifies, but satisfies, your desired endpoint protection feature set with the corresponding endpoint protection suite and a comprehensive implementation strategy.
- Use this blueprint to walk through the steps of selecting and implementing an endpoint protection solution that best aligns with your organizational needs.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Onsite Workshop: Select and Implement a Next Generation Endpoint Protection Solution
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Create An Effective Endpoint Protection Strategy
- Assess the use case and corresponding feature set that best aligns with your organizational landscape.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Determine why you need a new endpoint protection solution.
- Understand Info-Tech’s use-case approach.
- Evaluate current endpoint protection feature sets and criteria.
Determine if an EPP solution is right for you.
- Understanding of current EPP situation.
Identify your unique use-case scenario.
- The most appropriate use-case scenario to structure your evaluation around.
Evaluate the EPP feature sets.
- Shortlisted feature sets that best align with your organizational use case.
Module 2: Select an Endpoint Protection Solution
- Streamline your endpoint procurement process by identifying the vendor that best satisfies your use-case criteria.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Optimize your endpoint protection procurement process.
- Determine EPP vendor criteria.
- Evaluate the EPP marketspace.
- Design, submit, and evaluate vendor RFPs.
Analyze the vendor landscape.
- Detailed understanding of the vendor landscape.
Create a custom vendor shortlist.
- Shortlist of suitable solutions.
Develop an RFP.
- Completed and reviewed RFP document.
Standardize a vendor demo script.
- Fairly evaluated vendor demos.
Assess the total cost of ownership and return on investment of each solution.
- Side-by-side comparison of TCO and ROI.
Module 3: Implement and Manage Your Endpoint Protection Solution
- Prepare for the EPP implementation and measure the value of the solution.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Identify the appropriate resourcing plan for your endpoint protection solution.
- Plan the implementation.
- Design, build, test, and roll out the solution.
- Develop a comprehensive measurement program.
Plan for your implementation.
- Clearly defined responsibilities and a structured project roadmap
Evaluate the success of your endpoint implementation.
- A shortlist of relevant endpoint protection metrics