THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Carbon Black
- Digital Guardian
- As the market evolves, capabilities that were once cutting edge become default and new functionality becomes differentiating.
- Vendors use a lot of marketing jargon, buzzwords, and statistics to sell their solutions, making objective evaluation rather difficult.
- The endpoint protection (EPP) market is overcrowded and fragmented, resulting in information overload and consequently, a difficult vendor assessment.
- Disparate product solutions are being bundled into one-off solutions or suites, often resulting in less efficient solutions than the more niche players.
- Imminent obsolescence is an issue. Previous EPP solutions have not adapted with the rapidly evolving threat landscape and are no longer relevant, resulting in breaches or vulnerabilities.
- Don’t let vendors and market reports define your endpoint protection needs. Identify the use cases and corresponding feature sets that best align with your risk profile before evaluating the vendor marketspace.
- Your security controls are diminishing in value (if they haven’t already). Develop a strategy that accounts for the rapid evolution and imminent obsolescence of your endpoint controls. Plan for future needs when making purchasing decisions today.
- Endpoint protection is a matter of defense in depth and risk modelling, there is no silver bullet protection and mitigation solution. As end-client-technology providers release regular product/software updates, security tools will become outdated. Multiyear endpoint protection commitments will leave you playing a constant game of catch up.
Impact and Result
- The solution is a holistic internal security assessment that not only identifies, but satisfies, your desired endpoint protection feature set with the corresponding endpoint protection suite and a comprehensive implementation strategy.
- Use this blueprint to walk through the steps of selecting and implementing an endpoint protection solution that best aligns with your organizational needs.
This guided implementation is a seven call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Create an endpoint protection strategy
Call #1 - Identify the need for an EPP solution.
Call #2 - Identify the most appropriate use case.
Guided Implementation #2 - Select your endpoint protection solution
Call #1 - Understand the EPP vendor landscape.
Call #2 - Shortlist the vendors and create an RFP
Call #3 - Score RFP responses and review contracts.
Guided Implementation #3 - Implement and manage your endpoint protection solution
Call #1 - Plan and launch the implementation.
Call #2 - Finalize success metrics.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Create An Effective Endpoint Protection Strategy
- Assess the use case and corresponding feature set that best aligns with your organizational landscape.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Determine why you need a new endpoint protection solution.
- Understand Info-Tech’s use-case approach.
- Evaluate current endpoint protection feature sets and criteria.
Determine if an EPP solution is right for you.
- Understanding of current EPP situation.
Identify your unique use-case scenario.
- The most appropriate use-case scenario to structure your evaluation around.
Evaluate the EPP feature sets.
- Shortlisted feature sets that best align with your organizational use case.
Module 2: Select an Endpoint Protection Solution
- Streamline your endpoint procurement process by identifying the vendor that best satisfies your use-case criteria.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Optimize your endpoint protection procurement process.
- Determine EPP vendor criteria.
- Evaluate the EPP marketspace.
- Design, submit, and evaluate vendor RFPs.
Analyze the vendor landscape.
- Detailed understanding of the vendor landscape.
Create a custom vendor shortlist.
- Shortlist of suitable solutions.
Develop an RFP.
- Completed and reviewed RFP document.
Standardize a vendor demo script.
- Fairly evaluated vendor demos.
Assess the total cost of ownership and return on investment of each solution.
- Side-by-side comparison of TCO and ROI.
Module 3: Implement and Manage Your Endpoint Protection Solution
- Prepare for the EPP implementation and measure the value of the solution.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Identify the appropriate resourcing plan for your endpoint protection solution.
- Plan the implementation.
- Design, build, test, and roll out the solution.
- Develop a comprehensive measurement program.
Plan for your implementation.
- Clearly defined responsibilities and a structured project roadmap
Evaluate the success of your endpoint implementation.
- A shortlist of relevant endpoint protection metrics
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.