RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Johnson Financial Group
- Inscape Corporation
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- North Shore Credit Union
- Oneida Healthcare Center
- Ardenwood Consultants
- Tarong Energy Corporation
- Adoption of collaboration platforms is rapidly accelerating. 90% of organizations have indicated an intention to deploy a collaboration platform by mid-2011. Successful platform deployment and ongoing solution design is essential for delivering the business of collaboration.
- Despite high levels of adoption intent, many IT managers are unsure of how to successfully roll out collaboration solutions.
- Organizations struggle to balance collaboration platform implementation with collaboration solution implementation. The former is a one-time project, the latter an ongoing mission.
- Successful implementation of a collaboration platform is a two-stage process: platform implementation and ongoing collaboration solution design.
- IT must dedicate collaboration business analyst resources to effectively design collaboration solutions.
- Collaboration patterns repeat themselves throughout an organization. Maintaining an active catalog of collaboration patterns and the technologies used to enable them reduces solution design and implementation time for new collaboration solutions.
Impact and Result
- Separate initial collaboration platform deployment from collaboration solution design for the most effective implementation project.
- Plan for maximum system and client integration with other systems in the initial platform implementation to achieve higher end user adoption rates.
- Dedicate IT business analyst resources to collaboration solution design to achieve highest satisfaction levels among the business.
1. Build a strategy for collaboration implementation
Manage project costs and enable ongoing collaboration solution design.
2. Deploy a collaboration platform first
Enable collaboration technology services throughout the enterprise and achieve optimum integration with other systems.
3. Create ongoing collaboration solutions
Achieve business value from the platform through discrete business solutions.
4. Optimize the collaboration environment
Ensure ongoing value delivery and end-user satisfaction.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.