Implement a Collaboration Platform
Implementation doesn't end with platform deployment: build ongoing collaboration solutions.
- Adoption of collaboration platforms is rapidly accelerating. 90% of organizations have indicated an intention to deploy a collaboration platform by mid-2011. Successful platform deployment and ongoing solution design is essential for delivering the business of collaboration.
- Despite high levels of adoption intent, many IT managers are unsure of how to successfully roll out collaboration solutions.
- Organizations struggle to balance collaboration platform implementation with collaboration solution implementation. The former is a one-time project, the latter an ongoing mission.
- Successful implementation of a collaboration platform is a two-stage process: platform implementation and ongoing collaboration solution design.
- IT must dedicate collaboration business analyst resources to effectively design collaboration solutions.
- Collaboration patterns repeat themselves throughout an organization. Maintaining an active catalog of collaboration patterns and the technologies used to enable them reduces solution design and implementation time for new collaboration solutions.
Impact and Result
- Separate initial collaboration platform deployment from collaboration solution design for the most effective implementation project.
- Plan for maximum system and client integration with other systems in the initial platform implementation to achieve higher end user adoption rates.
- Dedicate IT business analyst resources to collaboration solution design to achieve highest satisfaction levels among the business.
Deploy a collaboration platform first
Enable collaboration technology services throughout the enterprise and achieve optimum integration with other systems.
Create ongoing collaboration solutions
Achieve business value from the platform through discrete business solutions.
Optimize the collaboration environment
Ensure ongoing value delivery and end-user satisfaction.