- Enterprises are finding that email volume is overwhelming workers.
- Enterprises want to reduce the email volume, but not get rid of email.
- Email volume is not only just an annoyance: it is a stress that is killing both workers and the bottom line.
- Cultural change is the key. Enterprises that are going to reduce email need to realign their communication from the top down. Complex factors including performance evaluation, knowledge transfer, and policy announcements need to have a structured plan of attack.
- Part of the problem is the perception that enterprise social tools are not ready for deployment. They are ready to be part of the solution to the email problem.
- Build the communication strategy that fits your organization by piloting a email intervention.
Impact and Result
- Acknowledge that email is a problem.
- Understand how it is ruining your health.
- Evaluate the alternative methods of enterprise communication.
- Build a plan to reduce email.
- Understand the technologies that should be part of your long term communication strategy.
This content is exclusive to members.
Get instant access by signing up!