- A lack of time and resources prevent many CISOs from being able to enable security internally.
- It is unclear what functions should be outsourced versus what functions should remain in-house.
- Organizations have difficulty measuring the effectiveness of their managed security service providers (MSSPs).
- You can outsource your responsibilities, but not your accountability. You must effectively manage your MSSP as you are still accountable for your security.
- Most organizations won’t have a choice – they’ll have to outsource high-end security skills. A shortage of qualified security professionals leads many organizations to outsource.
- MSSPs can better identify and remediate threats. An MSSP is able to provide more mature security due to its experience and broad client base.
Impact and Result
- Calculate the future financial obligations of outsourcing vs. insourcing to determine which method is the most cost effective.
- Understand the current landscape of MSSPs that are available today and the features they offer.
- Determine which security responsibilities can be outsourced and which should be outsourced in order to gain cost savings, improve resource allocation, and boost your overall security posture.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved