Estimate the impact of downtime to determine appropriate, acceptable recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs), and review gaps between objectives and actuals. Specifically, this tool enables you to:
- Identify critical applications/systems.
- Identify dependencies.
- Define objective scoring criteria to evaluate the impact of application/system downtime.
- Determine the impact of downtime and establish criticality tiers.
- Set recovery objectives (RTO/RPO) based on the impact of downtime.
- Record recovery actuals (RTA/RPA) and identify any gaps between objectives and actuals.
- Identify dependencies that regularly fail, and have a significant impact when they fail, to prioritize efforts to improve resiliency.
This tool requires Excel 2013 or 2016 with the following components for the complete user experience:
- Power Query (Excel 2013 add-on) or Get & Transform (Excel 2016 standard feature)
- Power Pivot (Excel 2013/2016 add-on)
To enable Power Query (Excel 2013 only) and Power Pivot for the first time, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins -> Manage COM Add-ins and check the appropriate boxes. You may require support from your IT department to enable these features.
If you are unable to run Excel 2016 or 2013 with the appropriate add-ons, you can download and use the legacy version of the tool on this page. Although the legacy tool can be used in lieu of the current version, note that the legacy version is no longer supported.