- The business continues to believe in myths that impede the creation of an adequate disaster recovery plan (DRP).
- It is difficult to determine the required recovery time and points for each critical application.
- Recovery processes are not well documented, resulting in an ad hoc approach to disaster recovery.
- Small enterprises need to have a clear understanding of what is needed from their DRP. For some organizations, reaching an adequate level of DR maturity is all that is needed.
- For small enterprises, recovery times are becoming increasingly easier to meet with the popularization of virtualization. Recovery points are more difficult to meet as it is difficult to pinpoint the exact amount of back-ups that need to be made, resulting in overspending for backups.
- Document is not a one-and-done deal. Constantly update your DRP documentation to track both small and large changes that may affect your ability to recover services.
Impact and Result
- Complete a business impact analysis that contains the organization’s critical applications and dependencies, recovery time and points (desired and achievable), and a vulnerability assessment.
- This blueprint’s guidance will help increase an organization’s overall resiliency and ability to salvage operations after an incident has occurred.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.