- COVID-19 is an unprecedented global pandemic with 100% of North American casinos closed.
- COVID-19 may be in play for up to two years and the regulator/government requirements to reopen properties are unknown.
- Guest preferences, behaviors, and expectations have likely changed, necessitating casino operational changes.
- As a casino operator executive, you need to plan and prepare casino operations for the post-crisis, new normal reopening of the property.
The challenges posed by the virus are compounded by uncertainty, however:
- Customers’ relationships with each other and the gaming floor itself will change, creating unique opportunities for casinos to review, envision, and innovate their business model and service delivery.
- Traditional casino metrics will evolve to accommodate possible casino floor redesign.
- Regulators will set criteria for reopening but may not realize the constraints and limitations existing within the supply chain.
Impact and Result
- Info-Tech recommends rapidly convening an executive post-crisis reopening working group to identify reopening, new normal operational changes.
- Start by understanding the gaming market trends thus far during the pandemic and how they can impact your localized casino operations.
- Inform strategic and operational discussions, planning, and actions through seven proven steps in this brief.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.