- COVID-19 is an unprecedented global pandemic with 100% of North American casinos closed.
- COVID-19 may be in play for up to two years and the regulator/government requirements to reopen properties are unknown.
- Guest preferences, behaviors, and expectations have likely changed, necessitating casino operational changes.
- As a casino operator executive, you need to plan and prepare casino operations for the post-crisis, new normal reopening of the property.
The challenges posed by the virus are compounded by uncertainty, however:
- Customers’ relationships with each other and the gaming floor itself will change, creating unique opportunities for casinos to review, envision, and innovate their business model and service delivery.
- Traditional casino metrics will evolve to accommodate possible casino floor redesign.
- Regulators will set criteria for reopening but may not realize the constraints and limitations existing within the supply chain.
Impact and Result
- Info-Tech recommends rapidly convening an executive post-crisis reopening working group to identify reopening, new normal operational changes.
- Start by understanding the gaming market trends thus far during the pandemic and how they can impact your localized casino operations.
- Inform strategic and operational discussions, planning, and actions through seven proven steps in this brief.