IT departments that fail to properly manage changes to their enterprise applications (or infrastructure) are exposing their company to major business disruptions, project delays, and poor utilization of IT resources. This tool will help IT managers assess and increase the maturity level of their company's change management process. The tool has been built based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management framework and examines six essential dimensions of change management:
- Change management policy.
- Request for Change (RFC) mechanism.
- Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Change scheduling.
- Metrics and continuous improvement.
- Automation of the change management process.
For each dimension, this tool identifies areas of improvement and provides recommendations to improve existing issues.