Special Alert: Financial Crisis – Essential Reading for IT Leaders
Executives around the globe are asking themselves how they should prepare for tough times. IT leaders are no exception. Read this report to develop a fundamental framework for assessing your choices as you plan for your organization.
IT faces constant organizational and economic pressure to maintain cost effectiveness and reduce expenses whenever possible. The top reasons organizations reduce costs include:
- Proactive IT cost reduction programs
- Negative financial or industry performance
- Budget reductions
- General economic conditions
However, cost reductions are easier said than done. While many organizations successfully reduce costs across IT operations, this can be a painful experience in some areas.
Complete with a decision-making tool, this report will:
- Explain why organizations undertake cost reduction exercises.
- Detail which cost reduction activities are most popular in the four focus areas.
- Explain the success of organizations in reducing costs in each focus area, while minimizing negative impact to morale, IT operations and the business.
- Present specific issues and challenges in each focus area, along with mitigating steps and best practices.
- Present an extended set of best practices in Vendor and Outsourcer Management.
- Supply case studies on real-world cost cutting scenarios, steps taken and results.
Cost Reduction Analysis Tool (included)
This downloadable Excel tool is designed to help you assess which focus areas your organization should examine closely for potential cost reduction activities. Based on your answers to a series of questions about your environment and needs, the data-driven tool will generate an analysis of where you should look for cost reductions, and in which areas you should proceed with caution. Once you have completed the tool, refer to the Impact Report for more information on each cost reduction focus area.
Download a free sample report overview (PowerPoint format)
Frozen Budget? Pressure on? Visit Info-Tech's IT Cost Reduction Center and follow our proven cost cutting strategies to find relief.