This template has been developed to provide some guidance in the development of a functional test plan. An application's functional test plan defines how functional testing will be completed and is only one part of a complete application testing strategy.
The template contains sections to detail the following aspects of the test plan:
- Functional testing goals.
- Testing team and their assignments.
- The scope of the testing effort.
- The testing methodology that will be employed.
- The metrics that will be collected.
For more information on functional testing, refer to the associated Info-Tech Advisor research note, “Functional Testing Ensures Correct Requirements Implementation.”