A large American tourism complex had some system backup capabilities, but no disaster recovery plan (DRP). The data center was housed in a 90-year-old wooden building with a tar and gravel roof prone to leaks. Failure to develop disaster prevention and recovery plans will leave the organization in a precarious position should any incident affect the data center.
Summary & Success
- Prioritized business-critical applications and systems.
- Identified required RPOs/RTOs and set new goals to reduce recovery for key systems from days to minutes.
- Reviewed risk levels and investment requirements for mitigation.
- Identified and prioritized initiatives to reduce current risks.
- Developed a 50-item action plan with accountabilities and timeframes.