Relocating the Data Center is a large undertaking that involves a great deal of old and new equipment processed by many different project participants. It can be difficult, therefore, to keep track of all assets in the old data center to be disposed of or returned (if leased).
The data center relocation project wrap-up checklist helps to:
- Identify items at the old location that require disposal.
- Ensure adequate disposal and data/disk cleansing of remaining assets.
- Ensure compliance to the building code of the old data center.
- Return leased assets that have not been moved to the new facility.
- Document the end state of the facility.
Use this checklist to formally document and close out the data center relocation project appropriately.