Understand what discovery tools can and can’t do and identify where they can provide value to your ITAM practice. Use this research to:
- List the types of questions that ITAM receives.
- Catalog the data you need to answer those questions.
- Evaluate the tools currently in use.
- Review discovery tool capabilities.
- Identify capabilities you're missing today.
If you need a new tool, take your findings into Info-Tech's Rapid Application Selection Framework. If you don't, create a list of action items to reconfigure, access, or improve your existing toolset.