Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Enterprise usage of video, as a platform for communications and collaboration, continues to grow as more businesses look to improve the level and quality of interaction and information access across their increasingly distributed employee bases. While a substantial investment is involved, building an IP-based video streaming infrastructure today is feasible and, depending on enterprise needs, the benefits can be practical and tangible.
This research note discusses:
- Delivering video over the IP network.
- Appliance-based and software-based approaches to streaming.
- Potential applications in the enterprise.
Enterprise IT leaders should understand the scope of the applications that a video streaming infrastructure can offer their organization, as well as the associated network implications.