Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Organizations are increasingly leveraging social media for communications and marketing. Social networks in particular can be leveraged by IT and Marketing leaders as a distribution channel to reach beyond traditional customer segments, transforming traditional customers and prospects into social distribution partners.
This research note includes:
- A description of social media channels most commonly integrated with e-mail marketing.
- Key business considerations for initiating social media marketing by extending e-mail marketing.
- Recommendations for implementing e-mail marketing campaigns that are integrated with social media technologies.
Integrating existing e-mail marketing systems with social media channels, such as blogs and public social networks, can generate personal referrals that yield higher click-through rates than traditional forward-to-a-friend e-mail campaigns. IT may need to assist marketing personnel with manual integration of social media channels into e-mail message content.