Vendor Landscape: Mid-Market Project Portfolio Management
Collaboration meets project portfolio management.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Business simply doesn’t happen in a perfect, orderly, predictable way. Organizations need the right tools to manage the uncertainty.
- Accurate tracking of projects and resource management can be an issue for organizations as time-sheet data is often inaccurate or unreported.
- A robust system that is capable of managing reactive work and the impact that these "interruptions" have on the project timeline is needed.
- Note: Effective January 22, 2015, AtTask has changed its name to Workfront.
- End-user adoption means having up-to-date information in terms of progress and is crucial for PPM success. PPM solutions are adding features to increase adoption rates, including social UIs and integration with email.
- Don’t expect the adoption of time logging unless it solves a problem or adds value for an employee directly. The best mid-market PPM solutions empower people with the means to collaborate and manage their own work more autonomously.
- Good PPM solutions are able to align to existing organizational processes and cultures. The ability to support the Agile method is a way in which PPM solutions are moving in this direction.
Impact and Result
- Understand today’s mid-market PPM space, where it’s going, and what the leading vendors are doing.
- Evaluate and select the solution best suited to your organization’s unique project portfolio management needs.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Understand the mid-market PPM solution market and options
Make an informed decision about mid-market PPM solutions.
Create a shortlist of mid-market PPM vendors
Streamline the vendor evaluation and selection process.
Create an RFP document
Determine three-year TCO for shortlisted PPM solutions.
Engage PPM vendors for a product demonstration
Select the best PPM solution for your requirements.
Drive Organizational Change from the PMO
Tame the Project Backlog
Define and Deploy an Enterprise PMO
Create Project Management Success
Develop a Project Portfolio Management Strategy
Grow Your Own PPM Solution
Optimize Project Intake, Approval, and Prioritization
Manage a Minimum-Viable PMO
Govern and Manage an Enterprise Software Implementation
Develop a Resource Management Strategy for the New Reality
Select and Implement a PPM Solution
Enhance PPM Dashboards and Reports
Focus on Project Management Essentials
Avoid Project Management Pitfalls
Increase Throughput by Driving Completion and Closure
Establish an Action Plan for Your First 100 Days as PMO Director
Empower Decision Makers Through a Project Portfolio Office