- Although useful, hotel mobile applications typically have low acceptance rates and, on average, more than 65% of Americans download zero mobile applications monthly.
- Compounding this with the lack of integration with hotel systems and multichannel or omnichannel solutions, mobile applications cause a disconnected marketing message and have a poor overall impact on the guest experience.
- When integrated with the property management system (PMS) and other hospitality tools, in-room tablets can collect and utilize guest information and behaviors to create personal experiences as well as targeted marketing promotions for hotel services and amenities. Additionally, by displacing traditional printed marketing collateral and optimizing energy management via in-room control integrations, most hotels are seeing significant ROIs quickly after deployment.
- The convergence of in-room technology, digital signage, kiosks, mobile, IPTV, in-room environmental controls, and back-end content management systems is inevitable. Build an omnichannel strategy that integrates all of these systems to avoid duplication, improve data collection, and create seamless and guest-centric experiences for your patrons.
- Hoteliers need to be aware of the commitment to an in-room tablet solution – they require a team, whether provided by the vendor or the hotelier, to manage the actual hardware and provide technology support.
Impact and Result
- In-room tablets are used more frequently than mobile applications, garnering anywhere from 40-50 unique page views per guest per day. When combined with the ability to collect and utilize guest data to promote targeted hotel services and amenities through analytics and business intelligence and the ability for hotels to displace traditional printed marketing collateral and improve energy management, hotels are seeing significant ROIs quickly after deployment.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to understand what’s new in the hospitality in-room tablet market and compare and contrast the major vendors.
- Shortlist the solutions based on your feature requirements, paying close attention to integration capabilities particularly with PMS, POS, and in-room control systems.
This content is exclusive to members.
Get instant access by signing up!