Vendor Landscape: Emergency Incident Management Systems
Expect the unexpected – support and connect emergency preparedness and response personnel.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
- The ability to access, manage, and distribute resources and information in real-time during an emergency is critical. During an emergency incident, resources and time must be managed seamlessly to effectively reduce and mitigate the impact and severity of disasters.
- The frequency of natural disasters and accidents is expected to increase and whether or not this is the direct result of global warming, aging infrastructure, tribal reservation locations, etc., tribal nations must be prepared to protect and be stewards for their assets and communities through prompt and coordinated responses.
- Emergency incident management systems are becoming more innovative and reliable. Nearly all providers will need to deploy their solution as a cloud solution to ensure availability of data and communication during a disaster, and innovative real-time mapping and live-streaming components are enabling tribes to uniquely target and mitigate disasters.
- While we all want the latest technology and resources, it is important to identify the differences between your tribal agency’s needs and wants. Determine what your tribe needs through research, data analysis, and statistics from your tribe’s experience throughout the year that support your funding case.
- Don’t justify an emergency incident management solution purely on emergency management benefits. These tools can be used for many purposes including managing events such as concerts, community events, and pow-wows.
Impact and Result
- Effective emergency incident management solutions are critical to protecting and maintaining tribal assets, particularly with all of the threats that exist today. Shortlist the solutions based on your feature requirements, paying close attention to deployment options, mapping capabilities, and the needs of your agency.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to understand what’s new in the emergency incident management market for tribal nations and compare and contrast the major emergency incident management vendors.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Understand the emergency incident management space
Understand emergency incident management solutions, their capabilities, and their limitations.
Identify the emergency incident management solution that best meets your needs
Develop a shortlist of emergency incident management vendors to speed the selection process.