- Sixty percent of restaurants have not deployed a digital signage solution and many hotel resorts use digital signage primarily for hallway, event, or meeting room displays. Compounding this with the lack of integration with transactional systems and multichannel or omnichannel communications causes a disconnected marketing message and poor overall guest experience.
- Digital sign displays are not operating as desired; content is stale, irrelevant, or boring, resulting in many standalone or network signage environments underperforming and negatively impacting the brand perception and guest experience.
- The primary signage technology issue is not in the initial investment or the display itself, but in the total cost of ownership and the cost of use. Signage platforms that don’t enable the easy and low-cost use of the medium, even as new usage scenarios are applied, can rapidly minimize value.
- The convergence of digital signage, kiosks, mobile, in-room tablets, and back-end digital content management systems is inevitable. Build an omnichannel strategy that integrates all of these systems to avoid redundancy, improve data collection, and provide a better experience to your patrons.
- Beacons, sensors, actuators, and mobile integration make it possible for digital signage systems to interact with other systems beyond the screen. Use the Internet of Things and big data to analyze customer data and create a more customized and targeted experience through push-and-pull messaging and content.
Impact and Result
- Digital signage solutions generate 2-5 times more impressions than static signs and when screens are strategically located throughout major guest traffic areas. When combined with smartphone technology to provide coupons, venue information, events, show times, menus, etc. operators can deliver unparalleled opportunities for creativity and guest experience innovation. Shortlist the solutions based on your feature requirements, paying close attention to prioritized advanced features and usage scenarios.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to understand what’s new in the digital signage, or digital out-of-home (DOOH), market for gaming, hotel, restaurant, and entertainment enterprises, and compare and contrast the major digital signage vendors.
- Shortlist the solutions based on your feature requirements, paying close attention to point of sale (POS), meeting and event management, and casino management system (CMS) integrations, transactional data flows, and hardware requirements.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved