Vendor Landscape: Wireless LAN
Reliable wireless is more than a convenience – it's critical.
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Many organizations are looking to expand and improve wireless coverage and intra-enterprise mobility in order to better meet immediate and future business demands.
- Even if the enterprise wireless LAN (WLAN) will only serve as an extension of the primary wired network, mission-critical performance and reliability are now fully expected by business and end users.
- This solution set will help you focus on the key issues during your WLAN vendor selection process, identify the primary strengths and challenges of the leading players, and reach a vendor decision in an accelerated time frame.
- As expectations and demands on wireless networks continue to rise, the question will not be if, but when will the WLAN become your primary (or only) enterprise LAN.
Impact and Result
- Deploy a WLAN that will scale not just to business growth but also to allow for the explosion of mobile devices and applications coming into the enterprise.
- Satisfy the needs of end users, as well as cost- and security-conscious stakeholders.
Review the WLAN vendor landscape
Understand the current state of the WLAN market in relation to your organization's needs.
Narrow your field of options
Develop a shortlist of WLAN vendors based on their ability to deliver in key areas.