RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
It is a time of crisis and opportunity for your storage modernization project. The network storage disk array has been a foundation of the converged and virtualized data center. Forces ranging from flash, to hyperconvergence, to software defined are disrupting the status quo.
- The big storage array is not dead, but its role is changing. Primary block storage is moving back to servers in the form of software-defined direct attached flash and disk. But large data stores may still require large disk arrays.
- Start with data, not storage; answer what is being stored and why, before where and how. Don’t get lost in the increasing diversity of storage solutions. Identifying what is being stored, and for what purpose, will help you in choosing the right storage solution.
- Make smart investments in right storage. Existing and emerging storage platforms and services will have different strengths for different tasks. Choose vendor solutions where the strongest features meet storage requirements at the best cost and are aligned with your overall technology roadmap.
- Our research compares the different forms of storage solutions and how these solutions can be best utilized. Identifying and analyzing the use cases and purpose of each storage solution will assist you in choosing which solution is right for you.
- Our vendor analysis assesses vendors on a common set of criteria, allowing you to better understand your options, and understand which vendors make sense for your organization.
- Our approach will assist you in identifying what you need, to transition to and when to implement the new storage solution.
- Info-Tech’s program will introduce you to project-planning approaches that will assist you in communicating project goals, milestones, progress, and accomplishments.
Talk to our analyst about this research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will acknowledge your contribution in an upcoming publication.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.