- IT leaders and senior executives often have tremendous fear of ERP. There’s a good reason.
- ERP selection is a laborious process with many different stage gates.
- Different enterprises need to put particular focus on different aspects of the selection process depending on industry, business case, and the selected solution provider.
Following a process for ERP selection is important but not sufficient. IT leaders must focus specifically on the key challenges that they can expect to face and develop a strategy for overcoming them. Each individual enterprise has unique challenges. But they will certainly include:
- Preparing end users for change.
- Transitioning the project to operation.
- Documenting business processes.
- Effectively engaging sponsors.
- Managing implementation partners.
Impact and Result
- Prepare for the ERP selection and implementation cycle by using Info-Tech’s step-by-step methodology including tools, templates, and other resources.
- Anticipate the key challenges the project will face based on factors such as the size of the enterprise, industry, and ERP experience.
- Formulate strategies to mitigate the impact of these key challenges and to monitor them throughout the project.