Over 40 enterprises contributed, and more than 20 IT leaders have provided insights. The contributors will remain anonymous due to security and competitive concerns.
- IT leaders and senior executives often have tremendous fear of ERP. There’s a good reason.
- ERP selection is a laborious process with many different stage gates.
- Different enterprises need to put particular focus on different aspects of the selection process depending on industry, business case, and the selected solution provider.
Following a process for ERP selection is important but not sufficient. IT leaders must focus specifically on the key challenges that they can expect to face and develop a strategy for overcoming them. Each individual enterprise has unique challenges. But they will certainly include:
- Preparing end users for change.
- Transitioning the project to operation.
- Documenting business processes.
- Effectively engaging sponsors.
- Managing implementation partners.
Impact and Result
- Prepare for the ERP selection and implementation cycle by using Info-Tech’s step-by-step methodology including tools, templates, and other resources.
- Anticipate the key challenges the project will face based on factors such as the size of the enterprise, industry, and ERP experience.
- Formulate strategies to mitigate the impact of these key challenges and to monitor them throughout the project.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.