- Intranet Focus
- BMO Financial Group
- US Navy
- 20 other Professionals
- The glut of information in the enterprise is making it increasingly difficult to find the right information when it’s needed. This strips away productivity.
- Search technology alone will not alleviate the problem. Processes must be put in place to improve how information is organized at a document level.
- Managing information properly requires a unique skill set. Organizations need to hire the right knowledge managers and provide the right training to ensure information findability.
- Proper end-user training differentiates successful findability projects from unsuccessful ones.
- Proof-of-concept testing and dedicated project management are critical for successful implementation of Enterprise Search.
- Open source search tools are a great option for cost constrained organizations who want to implement Enterprise Search. They may require more time investment than premium tools to operationalize.
- Search tools require periodic maintenance and tuning to continue to perform properly.
- Search alone will not solve your findability problems. Proper information organization practices are key.
- Your content is a strategic asset. Employ information curators to protect it and enable its use.
- Findability is not a one-and-done project. All aspects of improving findability require continued attention.
Impact and Result
- Understand how the enterprise context impacts your ability to find information.
- Learn how people in your organization manage information and how to support them.
- Develop and implement information organization processes to support findability.
- Know how technology can help you improve the findability of information in your organization.
- Get to action, take the first steps to improving findability.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.