This phase focuses on putting together your communications team and appreciating the unique perspectives of each member. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Learn the basics of incident response communications.
- Confront the challenges associated with incident response communications planning.
- Reap the benefits of preparedness.
- Appreciate the diversity of the Security Incident Response Communications Team.
- Assemble the Security Incident Response Communications Team.
- Consider the kinds of threats that are most likely to occur.
- Remember your regulatory and other reporting obligations.
- Determine the threat escalation protocol.
- Assign roles and responsibilities for the threat management process (RACI).
- Begin considering your message.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Master Your Security Incident Response Communications Program.