Once you have selected an IT integration posture, you must thoroughly assess the current state of the target organization as well as your own organization. Use the activities in this phase to:
- Build an understanding of how IT operates in the target organization including architecture, financials, and key risks and opportunities.
- Conduct onsite discovery.
- Inventory data assets.
- Inventory the application portfolios.
- Inventory and map IT infrastructure assets.
- Create a library of all IT processes.
- Examine staff through competency and capacity.
- Design the end-state of each IT domain.
- Validate and modify the integration strategy for achieving that end-state.