Like previous Adobe Max conferences, Max 2011 was vibrant and hopping with the energy of many passionate developers and designers. The overall theme of the conference was clearly mobility and the extension of apps and content across the entire ecosystem of devices.
Some highlights discussed in the video include:
- The evolution of Adobe’s Creative Suite to Creative Cloud.
- A series of new Touch applications as part of the Creative Cloud toolkit: a photo organizing and synchronization service called Carousel, the existing Cooler Color management service, a review app called Debut, a prototyping app called Proto, and a Touch version of PhotoShop.
- Adobe’s commitment and contributions to HTML5, including a demonstration of the previously announced Adobe Edge.
- The acquisition of Nitobi, maker of the PhoneGap framework.
- Improvements to Flash 11 Player, and a demonstration of development workflows that start with Flash, Flex, and Air and publish to any platform for consumption.
For those clients that have the analyst inquiry service, contact your account rep to speak with an analyst about these announcements and discuss their potential impact on your company and strategies.