Enterprises that are building or refreshing their data centers must first estimate the facility requirements to determine a high level budget. Although requirements gathering can often be a time consuming task, it is crucial in determining estimations for the present and future data center and is helpful in making decisions related to data center facility management.
This At-a-Glance research note will aid in navigating Info-Tech research on the following aspects of facility requirements planning for the data center:
- Estimating power requirements.
- Estimating cooling requirements.
- Estimating standby power requirements.
- Fire protection requirements.
- Data center sizing.
- Data center and support room layout and design.
Refer to Info-Tech research when estimating data center facility requirements to aid in determining a high level budget during the build versus buy decision.