Many Electronic Document Management (EDM) projects are shelved in the strategy planning stage because IT leaders fail to help enterprise executives link the benefits of EDM to internal needs. A well-implemented EDM initiative facilitates the following benefits:
- Improved accessibility to business information.
- Efficient storage and retrieval for litigation and compliance purposes.
- Solid employee collaboration.
- Advanced information security.
- Improved disaster recovery.
- Cost savings.
Understand key business drivers for EDM and learn to work through frequent arguments against EDM when internal needs rationalize an investment.