RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Application security prevents gaps in the security policy of an application. It is hardware and software that prevents systems from external threats. Application security is very important when the installation process is in effect; this is because their accessibility is high so these products are exposed to several networks and potential threats. This Application Security Policy includes the following:
- What the enterprise must do.
- How the enterprise must do it.
- Recommendations to customize the template to individual enterprise requirements.
Risks Addressed by Policy:
- Application fails to encrypt network traffic and protect sensitive communications.
- Confidential data within the application is not properly protected.
- Authentication functions are implemented incorrectly and allow attackers to compromise passwords, keys, session tokens, and assume users’ identities.