The purpose of HR Management Practices is to provide the tools to manage the IT human resource lifecycle. This lifecycle begins with the decision to hire new employees and ends with how to manage departing employees. IT must recognize that that their human resources, when managed properly, can be their most valuable asset.
The HR Management Practices involve five steps:
Making the case for recruitment.
Finding the "right" employees.
Hiring and onboarding.
HR Management Practices are centered on the hiring process and, therefore, this section should be revisited whenever you consider bringing new employees into the organization.
Tools included in this bundle:
- Comparing Staffing Options: Permanent vs. Contract
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- E-Mail Acceptable Use Policy
- Employee Departure Checkout Checklist
- Employee Manual
- Employee Reference Provision Policy
- Employee Satisfaction Survey
- Employee Status Change Policy and Form
- Employment Agreement
- Exit Interview
- Internet Acceptable Use Policy
- Interview Documentation Form
- IT Contract Template
- IT Employee Code of Conduct
- IT Overtime Policy
- IT Salary Worksheet
- Job Description Template
- Job Offer Letter Template
- Job Offer Request Form
- Job Posting Template
- Letter of Agreement Template
- New Employee IT Resources Request Form
- New Employee Orientation Checklist
- New Hire Business Case Template
- New Employee Cost Calculator
- Non-Compete Agreement
- Password Policy
- Position Request Form
- Removable Media Acceptable Use Policy
- Telephone and Voicemail Acceptable Use Policy
- Time Off Request Form
- Travel Expense Policy
- Welcome E-Mail Template