THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Business simply doesn’t happen in a perfect, orderly, predictable way. Organizations need the right tools to manage the uncertainty.
- Accurate tracking of projects and resource management can be an issue for organizations as time-sheet data is often inaccurate or unreported.
- A robust system that is capable of managing reactive work and the impact that these "interruptions" have on the project timeline is needed.
- Note: Effective January 22, 2015, AtTask has changed its name to Workfront.
- End-user adoption means having up-to-date information in terms of progress and is crucial for PPM success. PPM solutions are adding features to increase adoption rates, including social UIs and integration with email.
- Don’t expect the adoption of time logging unless it solves a problem or adds value for an employee directly. The best mid-market PPM solutions empower people with the means to collaborate and manage their own work more autonomously.
- Good PPM solutions are able to align to existing organizational processes and cultures. The ability to support the Agile method is a way in which PPM solutions are moving in this direction.
Impact and Result
- Understand today’s mid-market PPM space, where it’s going, and what the leading vendors are doing.
- Evaluate and select the solution best suited to your organization’s unique project portfolio management needs.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist assistance and requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide on which deployment option suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and budget review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendor RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and contract review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.