Vendor Landscape: Endpoint Protection
Find anti-malware and more, now wrapped up in a fully-fledged suite.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Threat complexity has increased throughout the years and even more rapidly in today’s world. Organizations need to find comprehensive solutions with robust protection capabilities that they can manage centrally.
- Most devices in today’s workplace are mobile, so protection can no longer be static. Removable device encryption and content control must extend beyond laptops to USB and mobile devices to ensure holistic protection.
- With the myriad of information that admins must parse through on a daily basis, it’s imperative that today’s endpoint solutions – as they consolidate multiple capabilities under one view – be seamless and straightforward, with the ability to monitor activities and do deeper dive analysis in real-time.
- Expanded platform integration is key: it’s no longer acceptable for products to simply be compatible with Windows. They also need to work with Macs, Linux, and mobile platforms.
Impact and Result
- Implementing feature-rich endpoint protection solutions is the most significant step that enterprises can take to mitigate risk. Selecting the optimal solution ensures the greatest level of protection, and therefore, the greatest reduction in risk.
Understand the endpoint protection market space
Review endpoint protection solutions, their capabilities, and cost.
Consider endpoint protection solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit endpoint protection tools for the enterprise.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.