RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Threat complexity has increased throughout the years and even more rapidly in today’s world. Organizations need to find comprehensive solutions with robust protection capabilities that they can manage centrally.
- Most devices in today’s workplace are mobile, so protection can no longer be static. Removable device encryption and content control must extend beyond laptops to USB and mobile devices to ensure holistic protection.
- With the myriad of information that admins must parse through on a daily basis, it’s imperative that today’s endpoint solutions – as they consolidate multiple capabilities under one view – be seamless and straightforward, with the ability to monitor activities and do deeper dive analysis in real-time.
- Expanded platform integration is key: it’s no longer acceptable for products to simply be compatible with Windows. They also need to work with Macs, Linux, and mobile platforms.
Impact and Result
- Implementing feature-rich endpoint protection solutions is the most significant step that enterprises can take to mitigate risk. Selecting the optimal solution ensures the greatest level of protection, and therefore, the greatest reduction in risk.
1. Understand the endpoint protection market space
Review endpoint protection solutions, their capabilities, and cost.
2. Consider endpoint protection solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit endpoint protection tools for the enterprise.
3. Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
4. Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist assistance and requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide on which deployment option suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and budget review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution is meeting your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget
Call #3 - Negotiation and contract review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.