THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- HP and IBM continue to dominate the blade system market, but new entrants are making selection more difficult as the market trends towards converged infrastructure.
- Products appear similar, but an in-depth look into features and context will match you with the right vendor.
- Blade server buyers rank consolidation enablement, reduction in management complexity, and physical space requirements as critically important.
- The proliferation of virtualization means that memory can quickly become a bottleneck. To avoid this, look for platforms with extendable memory options.
- Blade Systems are more than the sum of their parts. Before making a selection, make sure the system will work within your organization’s existing infrastructure.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the blade system market.
- Evaluate blade vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.