THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- The adoption of collaboration platforms is rapidly accelerating. Not all platforms are created equal, and choosing the right platform can be a daunting task in a market with many emerging new features and shifting delivery options.
- Choosing the wrong platform is a costly mistake for any organization, not just in terms of the time and money wasted on the platform, but also from the failure of the platform to meet business needs.
- This solution set will help you understand and identify collaboration opportunities that exist within your organization, identify leading vendors and compare capabilities, and select the right solution to implement.
- The rise of social collaboration features has fundamentally altered the collaboration landscape – vendors now offer social media equivalents for enterprise use, alongside more traditional collaboration functionality like content management. The rise of these features is a relatively recent phenomenon. Info-Tech recommends that organizations take advantage of this new functionality to enhance internal collaboration.
- The market is also being disrupted by the rise of ubiquitous mobile access, cloud-based storage solutions, and freemium products that allow you to try before you buy.
- Selecting a collaboration platform involves defining the organization’s functional requirements, creating a shortlist based on these requirements, formally evaluating vendor offerings, and choosing the platform that is best tailored to the organization’s unique circumstances.
Impact and Result
- Understand the features and business benefits of using a collaboration platform, where the market evolved from, and where it is going.
- Plan and select a collaboration solution that brings distributed people and information together to get more done in less time.
- Use Info-Tech's Vendor Landscape to compare the major collaboration platforms available and prepare a vendor shortlist, saving time and money in the selection process.
- Use Info-Tech's collaboration platform RFP template and demo scripts to prepare solid requirements for vendor finalists and select the right product.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.