THIS CONTENT IS OUT-OF-DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- In tight economic times, the pressure to outsource is greatest. “Can we use the Cloud for this?” is becoming a common refrain.
- With so many vendors, how do you choose a Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) that meets your needs in a cost-effective manner?
- Info-Tech Research Group has developed a clear definition of business-class Cloud IaaS and evaluated 15 leading vendors.
- Cloud IaaS is exploding: Of the three forms of cloud service delivery (Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service), IaaS is growing fastest – 200% from 2010 to 2012.
- Options are proliferating: With mainstreaming of server consolidation and virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware), IT is seeing cloud IaaS options from a multitude of local, national, and international co-location and managed service providers.
- Hybrids are hot: Providers are differentiating themselves through hybrid service offerings. This includes internal/external and private/public cloud hybrids, but also outsourcing multi-service hybrids with co-location and managed services.
Impact and Result
- Select the Cloud IaaS solution that best fits your organization, taking advanced features, support, and vendor viability, and customizing the Vendor Landscape according to what criteria are most important to you.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.