Vendor Landscape Plus: Email Archiving
Keep what you have to keep, and find what you need.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Regulatory requirements for some industries demand that emails concerning regulatory-related processes be retained for a specified period.
- All industries are required to surrender email records at any time a judicial discovery order is issued.
- Organizations that fail to respond to eDiscovery requests or meet compliance regulations within the allotted time, lose valuable IT time, and also face legal repercussions.
- Email archiving is driven by two primary goals: compliance requirements and email platform performance requirements. Organizations that implement email archiving report high success in both areas.
- Without judicial discovery orders or backup requests, organizations should look at cheaper alternatives, such as journaling or backup and purge policies.
- Implementation matters. Look to the executive leadership or external legal counsel when developing policies for compliance initiatives, and ensure you are familiar with the forensic discovery process. Educating end-users is often the most important part of the email archiving process as users don’t like having their documents deleted.
Impact and Result
- Determine a strategy for selecting and implementing an email archiving platform.
- Understand what’s new in the email archiving market.
- Use Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to compare the major email archiving platforms available and prepare a vendor shortlist to help you save time and money in the selection process.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your organization’s particular use cases and scenarios, and understand the key steps to a successful implementation.
- Affiliated Managers Group, Inc.
- Bosch Security Systems, Inc.
- Bruyère Continuing Care
- Circle Solutions Inc.
- Clifford Chance US LLP
- Columbia Basin Trust
- Epson Europe
- Kennerley-Spratling, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- Outcome Sciences
- Parity Research
- Powerstream, Inc.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- SumTotal Systems, Inc.
- UK Wealth Management Ltd.
- Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Plan the selection process for email archiving
Ensure that email archiving is the right solution and a smooth selection project execution.
Compare available email archiving solutions and narrow the product selection
Understand the dynamic vendor landscape for email archiving and arrive at a shortlist.
Select an email archiving solution.
Finalize an email archiving product and deployment option based on its ability to satisfy operational storage and business records retention requirements.