Seize the Potential of the Internet of Things Today
Think big but start small. You need a practical plan for extracting the power of the ever-expanding network of connected devices and sensors. Stop talking about it and start doing something.
- Organizations struggle to find practical applications for the Internet of Things (IoT). Uses are either trivial or rely on speculation about how the IoT trend will progress in the future.
- Frustrated by conjecture, some organizations opt to wait until the dust settles. However, the future workplace is a connected workplace. Organizations that fail to get a head start on IoT technology projects will be left in the dust themselves.
- Start with simple, “low-hanging fruit” projects that can provide an easy starting point for getting deeper into the technology. Prioritize IoT initiatives that are immediately useful, while keeping an eye on more complex long-term projects.
- Don’t bother collecting data if you can’t use it. Ensure that the right foundation is in place to maximize the connectivity and analytics capability that the IoT will deliver in the future.
- Right now, IoT technologies do not demand standalone policies regulating their use in the workplace. Rather, update or modify existing policies to address potential security, privacy, and acceptable use concerns.
Impact and Result
- Know which IoT devices can provide value for your organization today, and which to keep an eye on for the future.
- Have an ongoing and repeatable process in place for evaluating, testing, and integrating connected devices within your organization.
- Obtain basic data gathering and data analytics capabilities for facilities management and employee productivity IoT applications, laying the foundation for client-facing and product development use cases.
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to find out why you should seize the potential of the IoT, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
Build a business case for analyzing the IoT and kick off the project
Develop a business case that communicates the value of the connected workplace.
Select, analyze, and prioritize IoT technologies
Determine the readiness and value of potential IoT initiatives.
Plan, execute, and support IoT projects
Transform IoT initiatives into implementable projects.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Build the Business Case and Kick Off the Project
- Make the case for IoT.
- Conduct a benefits analysis.
- Set up the IoT process.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A business case and the start of a project plan to kick off the project process.
Create an IoT business case
Gather an IoT analysis team
Record the team
Develop a meeting schedule
- An Internet of Things Business Case
Present the IoT business case
Module 2: Select, Analyze, and Prioritize IoT Technologies
- Review the longlist of IoT technologies.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis on one of the IoT shortlist initiatives.
- Review the readiness and value assessments.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A prioritized, categorized shortlist of IoT technologies customized to your organization.
Set up the IoT collection cycle
Review the IoT technology list
Walk through the IoT collaboration exercise results
- Completion of a long- and short-list of IoT technology ideas
Review the SWOT analysis for the shortlist
Walk through the value and readiness assessments
- A structured analysis, including a SWOT, value, and readiness assessment for each of the shortlisted IoT technologies
Review the categorized shortlist analysis results
- A Tech Monitor chart with current and future categorization for each IoT initiative on the shortlist
Module 3: Plan, Execute, and Support IoT Projects
- Scope IoT projects.
- Create an IoT implementation plan.
- Discuss communication plan, policies, and metrics.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A project implementation and communication plan.
Evaluate and discuss shortlist
Scope your IoT projects
Create comprehensive project roadmaps
- Completion of comprehensive project roadmap
Identify security and privacy considerations
Discuss foundational requirements for IoT projects
- Assessment of IoT foundation
- Finalized IoT plan