RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- The organization needs to be able to protect business operations and recover from disaster.
- Existing plans have not been scoped appropriately and the business is spending inappropriately.
- This Solution Set will provide you with the ability to outline risks, determine appropriate recovery objectives, and establish a cost framework.
Five 9's of availability is unachievable and four 9's may be cost-prohibitive; setting recovery objectives that meet business goals while not breaking the bank is the single biggest challenge in DR planning.
Impact and Result
Upon completion of the work outlined in this Solution Set you will have determined the amount of DR capability you require within the dual boundaries of business need and financial ability.
1. Get a crash course on DR project scoping
Educate IT and the business on what's involved in planning a DR project.
2. Scope current DR capabilities, and determine future needs and budget
- Determine what response levels IT is able to support.
- Assess and validate business response needs.
- Verify that business recovery needs fit within established financial constraints
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.