Navigate the IT Stakeholder Landscape
Avoid an uphill climb with no destination in sight.
- Many IT leaders overlook the importance of nurturing working relationships with business colleagues.
- When the need arises for IT to request funding, resources or commitment from the business, the process can be difficult, time-consuming and frustrating when the communication groundwork has not been laid.
- This solution set will help you master techniques for securing effective and productive two-way relationships with stakeholders.
- Need for business input is heightened early in projects and during transitional periods: Hunt down your stakeholders at these times.
- Stakeholders change depending on project or priorities. Know who your stakeholders are today and reevaluate them tomorrow.
- Treat stakeholders according to their positions on the Stakeholder Spectrum.
Impact and Result
- Commitment to provide resources to participate on projects.
- Support for projects.
- Support for operational achievements, progress, and improvements.
- Commitment to funding.
- Commitment to providing access to people.
- Anticipation and/or neutralization of dissenters.
Recognize the opportunities of stakeholder engagement
Leverage your supporters and engage your dissenters.