Navigate the IT Stakeholder Landscape
Avoid an uphill climb with no destination in sight.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
- Many IT leaders overlook the importance of nurturing working relationships with business colleagues.
- When the need arises for IT to request funding, resources or commitment from the business, the process can be difficult, time-consuming and frustrating when the communication groundwork has not been laid.
- This solution set will help you master techniques for securing effective and productive two-way relationships with stakeholders.
- Need for business input is heightened early in projects and during transitional periods: Hunt down your stakeholders at these times.
- Stakeholders change depending on project or priorities. Know who your stakeholders are today and reevaluate them tomorrow.
- Treat stakeholders according to their positions on the Stakeholder Spectrum.
Impact and Result
- Commitment to provide resources to participate on projects.
- Support for projects.
- Support for operational achievements, progress, and improvements.
- Commitment to funding.
- Commitment to providing access to people.
- Anticipation and/or neutralization of dissenters.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Recognize the opportunities of stakeholder engagement
Leverage your supporters and engage your dissenters.
Plan your interaction with each stakeholder
Get what you need from each stakeholder and meet their specific expectations in return.
Know the do's and don'ts of stakeholder engagement
Start actively managing your stakeholders tomorrow.