Vendor Landscape: WAN Optimization
Innovation and specialization drive differentiation.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Increased data center and server consolidation has led to efficiency gains, but this trend has also stressed the WAN where applications are being delivered to branch offices.
- Many Web-based applications are chatty, sending lots of small packets and causing congestion on the WAN. Traditional enterprise applications aren’t optimized for working over a WAN.
- Implementing WAN optimization controllers allows traffic to be compressed and accelerated, minimizing bandwidth usage, providing end users a better experience, and possibly deferring bandwidth upgrades.
- WAN optimization controllers can greatly enhance the WAN by compressing traffic and deduplicating data.
- Some vendors have taken a unique approach to common features, creating differentiating features to suit different needs.
- Create a shortlist of vendors that meet the unique needs of your organization.
Impact and Result
- Maximize your WAN performance by deploying WAN optimization controllers to optimize traffic flows, reduce latency, and gain visibility into the WAN.
- Gain insight into which vendor best aligns with your organization’s needs and the future of your WAN.
- The need for robust WAN performance is ever increasing, so it is important to choose a vendor that will continue to innovate as the marketplace evolves.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Evaluate leading WAN Optimization vendors
Arrive at a shortlist of vendors for further analysis.
Create a customized list of the best fitting vendors
Isolate vendors that best meet requirements and accelerate the selection process.
Build or Refresh the Wireless LAN
Outsource Network Management
Modernize the Enterprise Network in Five Steps
Make the Network Invisible by Developing a World Class Network Management Function
Build or Refresh the WLAN for Small Governments
Prepare for a Wireless World With Distributed Antenna Systems in Higher Education
Prepare for Software Defined Networking
Build the Enterprise Access Network of the Future
Craft a Converged Data Center Network Strategy
Develop a Global Network Strategy
Secure the Network in a BYOD World
Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure
Vendor Landscape: Data Center Networking
Understand Network Monitoring Solutions