THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Increased data center and server consolidation has led to efficiency gains, but this trend has also stressed the WAN where applications are being delivered to branch offices.
- Many Web-based applications are chatty, sending lots of small packets and causing congestion on the WAN. Traditional enterprise applications aren’t optimized for working over a WAN.
- Implementing WAN optimization controllers allows traffic to be compressed and accelerated, minimizing bandwidth usage, providing end users a better experience, and possibly deferring bandwidth upgrades.
- WAN optimization controllers can greatly enhance the WAN by compressing traffic and deduplicating data.
- Some vendors have taken a unique approach to common features, creating differentiating features to suit different needs.
- Create a shortlist of vendors that meet the unique needs of your organization.
Impact and Result
- Maximize your WAN performance by deploying WAN optimization controllers to optimize traffic flows, reduce latency, and gain visibility into the WAN.
- Gain insight into which vendor best aligns with your organization’s needs and the future of your WAN.
- The need for robust WAN performance is ever increasing, so it is important to choose a vendor that will continue to innovate as the marketplace evolves.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.