Vendor Landscape: Multifunction Printers
Making an informed decision about your MFP requires an analysis of all the "fax."
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Enterprises that integrate printing functionality into their overall workflow processes are achieving higher levels of user satisfaction and increased cost effectiveness.
- The MFP market is highly commoditized, making it difficult to differentiate vendor products and functionality. Without knowledge of this space, enterprises run the risk of choosing a less optimal vendor and solution for their requirements.
- Enterprises should consider emerging trends such as BYOD and Green IT before choosing a product and vendor.
- Because every vendor has the basic Table Stakes, differentiate on price, customer service, and vendor stability.
- Each vendor offers some mix of advanced features. Evaluate your organizational needs to determine which features are necessary for you now and in the future. Avoid paying for extra features that may not be required.
- A careful evaluation of the MFP space will lead to enhanced functionality, smoother integration, improved user satisfaction, and cost effectiveness.
Impact and Result
- Identify and rank vendor offerings in the MFP market space. Understand the Table Stakes and nuanced differences between the vendors.
- Evaluate MFP vendors and products to determine the right fit for your enterprise needs.
- Select an MFP solution by providing additional scenario-based criteria.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Evaluate MFP vendors and available solutions
Understand the MFP market, the players, and their products.
Identify the solutions that best fit enterprise needs
Develop a customized shortlist to speed solution selection.
Master the Ever-Expanding Puzzle of End-User Computing With a Strategy and Roadmap
Exploit Disruptive Infrastructure Technology
Seize the Potential of the Internet of Things Today
Stop Managing Endpoints
Choose and Implement a Mobile Strategy
Develop & Enforce Policies that Securely Enable a Mobile Workforce
Select and Implement Enterprise Mobility Management
Implement a Mobility Strategy with Enterprise Mobility Management
Switch Mobile Platforms
Implement Desktop Virtualization and Transition to Everything as a Service
Migrate to Windows 10
Create a Practical BYOE Action Plan
Create a Consumer Technology Integration Plan in Five Steps
Kick-Start IT-Led Business Innovation
Reduce Costs Through Printer Consolidation
Migrate to Office 365 Now
Create a Strategy and Roadmap for Office 365
Plan and Implement Office 365
Consider BYOC as Part of a Desktop-as-a-Service Strategy
Transition to BYOD and Beyond
Secure the Network in a BYOD World
Create a Corporate Personal Cloud Vision in Two Days
Forge a New Standard for End-User Devices
Vendor Landscape: Collaboration Platforms