Vendor Landscape: Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms
Make the right development choice in this increasingly fast-paced environment.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Mobile proliferation has created costly fragmentation; iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone are all popular with consumers.
- This poses a challenge for developers who are forced to choose between selecting one platform for development and investing in costly parallel development efforts.
- Unlike web and cloud development, there is no complete, mature solution, but organizations are seeking ways to move from traditional tools to the mobile space, and vendors are responding accordingly.
- Many niche players offer attractive feature sets that take advantage of mobile’s smaller memory footprint or offer newcomers an easier way to develop for mobile.
- Many development features are common across vendors representing commodity status. Differentiation is occurring through support channels, app management, integration, and performance capabilities.
Impact and Result
- Shortlist top Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP) vendors and their products based on requirements for maturing enterprise development trends and performance-driven niche solutions.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to compare and contrast the major MEAP vendors, and then create a shortlist of the most appropriate vendors.
Understand the MEAP market space
Evaluate MEAP solutions, their capabilities, and cost.
Review MEAP solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit MEAP tools.