THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Mobile devices have invaded the enterprise, and are bringing with them a variety of mobile operating systems and an unpredictable set of applications.
- This explosion in mobile devices in the corporate environment brings not only security concerns, but practical problems, with managing a variety of devices that can contain both personal and corporate data.
- Mobile device management (MDM) solutions provide a hub for management and enhance IT’s ability to make mobile devices secure and productive. However, MDM solutions increasingly include capabilities that go beyond basic management and security. Choosing an MDM solution can be difficult with mobile technology changing quickly and MDM vendors racing to catch up.
- Determine which MDM features are required and which can be left out. Some organizations only need a solution that keeps track of devices from a central hub, while others need advanced security, reporting, or productivity features like document management. Some will need the control of an on-premise solution, while a cloud model is more effective for others.
- Create a shortlist of vendors that meet the unique needs of your organization.
Impact and Result
- Mobile device management solutions are no longer only a central hub for management. They plug security holes, provide statistics about employees’ devices, simplify recovery after something goes wrong, help control applications and documents, and enable advanced persona management functionality in mobile devices.
- Choosing the right MDM solution will increase the efficiency and satisfaction of employees with mobile devices, while maintaining security, without a massive burden on IT.
- Mobile technology is advancing rapidly, so it is also important to choose a vendor that will continue to innovate as the marketplace evolves.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.