Vendor Landscape: Managed File Transfer
Centralize, automate, and secure file transfer in the enterprise.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Many organizations are looking at managed file transfer (MFT) vendors to meet regulatory compliance, increase security, and automate file transfers.
- Vendors tout advanced capabilities, but depending on use case, a simpler or more complex solution will be warranted.
- This Vendor Landscape isolates key differentiators amongst vendors and provides resources to help accelerate your selection process.
- Compliance and security fuel market growth. File transfer protocol (FTP) is no longer seen as a viable option to manage file transfer securely in and outside the enterprise. MFT has filled that role and is seeing rapid adoption as compliance standards extend their reach.
- When it comes to the cloud, vendors recognize the demand for deployment flexibility; however, buyers are still wary of potential security issues revolving around compliance.
- Mobile capabilities are becoming increasingly important with vendors starting to either offer mobile functionality or include it in their roadmap.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the managed file transfer market.
- Evaluate MFT vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Understand the MFT market space
Understand MFT solutions, their capabilities, and cost.
Review MFT solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit MFT tools for your enterprise.
Build an Application Integration Strategy
Select and Implement an ESB Solution
Develop a Comprehensive Business-to-Business Integration Strategy
Optimize the Organization’s Data Integration Practices
Select and Implement a Managed File Transfer Solution
Implement and Optimize Application Integration Governance
Gain Control of Cloud Integration Strategies Before they Float Away
Vendor Landscape: Data Integration Tools
Develop a Five Year Data Architecture Plan
Architect the ESB for Seamless Application Integration
Build Effective Enterprise Integration on the Back of Business Processes