- It’s hard to get the bearings of a market where most of the vendors have been around for just two or three years.
- Cloud backup vendors have different definitions of what entails an enterprise-class cloud backup solution, further complicating the situation.
- Info-Tech Research Group has developed a clear definition of business-class cloud backup gateways, and evaluated six leading vendors.
- Direct-to-cloud backup solutions are not enterprise-ready. They provide no resiliency in the event your internet connection is not available.
- Cloud backup startups come with impressive pedigrees, typically founded by people who have experience in storage, WAN optimization, and security.
- Cloud backup is a rapidly maturing market heading for commoditization already, and vendors have already begun differentiating themselves by focusing on specific problems or niche markets.
Impact and Result
Select the cloud backup solution that’s the best fit for your organization, taking into account advanced features, support, and vendor viability by customizing the Vendor Landscape according to what criteria are most important to you.