THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Web traffic has increased drastically, and the enterprise is struggling to keep up with server demand.
- This increase in traffic brings server downtime, and is cause for security worries as enterprises collect more and more client data.
- Application delivery controllers (ADCs) allow traffic to be balanced across servers, as well as offloading security features and preventing malicious attacks against corporate systems. Choosing an ADC solution can be difficult, especially with ever increasing loads and security risks.
- Determine which ADC requirements apply most to the organization. Some organizations will require a cloud-ready virtual appliance, while others simply need a physical appliance to sit in the data center.
- Features in most ADC solutions are the same across the board. Look to how those features are implemented to find the best fit for the organization.
- Create a shortlist of vendors that meet the unique needs of your organization.
Impact and Result
- ADC solutions are no longer just about load balancing. They plug security holes, offload server processes, and compress content for optimized delivery.
- Choosing the right ADC solution will increase the efficiency and satisfaction of end users, while maintaining security without a massive burden on IT.
- User expectation of web applications is ever increasing, so choose a vendor that will continue to innovate as the marketplace evolves.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.