- Brett Beaubouef, Practice Manager, Cardinal Point Solutions
- Shereen Mahoney, CEO, Brittenford Systems
- Linda Rose, CEO, RoseASP
- Chris Berk, Executive Director of Infrastructure, Resource.com
- Vishrut Parikh, Director, Product Marketing, Netsuite
- Will Shingleton, Business Process Manager, Affiliated Managers Group Inc.
- Cloud computing has become a major theme in corporate IT. Its popularity is even extending to the stodgiest of all enterprise applications: ERP.
- Major ERP vendors are providing cloud-based options to new prospects and as a potential upgrade path. IT leaders must include cloud-based options in their five-year ERP strategy.
- “Cloud ERP” remains poorly defined. There are really three types: SaaS ERP, traditional on-premise ERP hosted in a vendor’s data center, and “White Label” cloud from a VAR hosted on a public IaaS provider.
- Regardless of the option, the ultimate decision is really about benefit and risk, not cost.
- Cloud ERP has great potential, but implementation references are still few and far between.
Impact and Result
- Use a risk-adjusted cost-benefit analysis to assess cloud ERP options. Standard TCO is not sufficient.
- Don’t do white label cloud ERP.
- Recognize that it is still difficult to do effective due diligence on cloud ERP due to the lack of references. This situation will change within the next two years.
- Include cloud options in the five-year ERP plan. Within the next few years the CEO will ask: “Why didn’t we consider cloud ERP options?” Prepare your response today.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.