Improve Data Center Energy Efficiency
You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
- Seventy-three percent of organizations do not have visibility into the energy bill specifically for the data center. These organizations do not have insight into the true cost-to-serve the business, and how much power they are consuming. IT leaders that do not measure, monitor, and manage data center efficiency are leaving money on the table and putting the business at risk for unexpected outages.
- There are many metrics used in the industry to measure data center efficiency, however, a lot of these metrics are complicated and require resources to manage them on an ongoing basis. The complicated nature of monitoring, measuring, and controlling power usage deters many IT leaders (especially in small organizations) from addressing these issues.
- Many do not know where to start or how to measure energy usage on an ongoing basis, so they simply don’t. This results in money left on the table and the exposure of the data center to future availability and reliability issues that can affect service delivery to the business. Although some organizations have monitoring tools in place, many do not do anything with the data to improve the situation.
- By monitoring and measuring data center efficiency and tracking against specified targets, IT can identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
Impact and Result
- Organizations that use efficiency metrics are 35% more likely to be successful in reducing operating expenses in the data center over time. They are also more equipped to manage power capacity and requirements in the data center and can provide the level of reliability and availability that is expected from the business.
- This solution set will help IT leaders understand the importance of improving data center efficiency and takes them through the process of getting started.
Measure data center efficiency
Understand the data center environment and current situation.
Improve data center efficiency
Lower operating expenses and increase reliability and availability in the data center.