- IT managers don’t know where to start when initiating a mobile program.
- IT has tried mobile development in the past but didn't achieve success.
- IT must initiate a mobile program quickly based on business priorities and needs a roadmap based on best practices.
- Form factors and mobile devices won't drive success – business alignment and user experience will. Don't get caught up with the latest features in mobile devices.
- Software emulation testing is not true testing. Get on the device and run your tests.
- Cross form-factor testing cannot be optimized to run in parallel. Therefore, anticipate longer testing cycles for cross form-factor testing.
Impact and Result
- Prepare your development, testing, and deployment teams for mobile development.
- Get a realistic assessment of ROI for the launch of a mobile program.
Workshop: Enter Into Mobile Development Without Confusion and Frustration
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Build your Future Mobile Development State
- Understand the alignment of stakeholder objectives and priorities to mobile dev IT drivers.
- Assess readiness of your organization for mobile dev.
- Understand how to build your ideal mobile dev process.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Identify and address the gaps in your existing app dev process.
- Build your future mobile dev state.
- List of key stakeholders
Assess your current state
- Stakeholder and IT driver mapping and assessment of current app dev process
Establish your future state
- List of practices to accommodate mobile dev
Module 2: Prepare and Execute your Mobile Program
- Assess the impact of mobile dev on your existing app dev process.
- Prioritize your mobile program.
- Understand the dev practice metrics to gauge success.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Properly prepare for the execution of your mobile program.
- Calculate the ROI of your mobile program.
- Prioritize your mobile program with dependencies in mind.
- Build a communication plan with stakeholders.
Conduct an impact analysis
- Impact analysis of your mobile program and expected ROI
Prepare to execute
- Mobile program order of execution and project dependencies mapping
Communicate with stakeholders
- List of dev practice metrics