- IT managers don’t know where to start when initiating a mobile program.
- IT has tried mobile development in the past but didn't achieve success.
- IT must initiate a mobile program quickly based on business priorities and needs a roadmap based on best practices.
- Form factors and mobile devices won't drive success – business alignment and user experience will. Don't get caught up with the latest features in mobile devices.
- Software emulation testing is not true testing. Get on the device and run your tests.
- Cross form-factor testing cannot be optimized to run in parallel. Therefore, anticipate longer testing cycles for cross form-factor testing.
Impact and Result
- Prepare your development, testing, and deployment teams for mobile development.
- Get a realistic assessment of ROI for the launch of a mobile program.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Assess your dev process for readiness
Discuss inefficiencies and gaps in existing app dev processes, how to optimize process and fill these gaps, and interpret and calculate costs and expected benefits.
Call #2 - Prepare to execute your mobile program
Review your organization’s prioritization criteria and apply it to your mobile app dev program. Identify the dependencies among the projects in your program and prepare the necessary updates to technical stakeholders.
Call #3 - Communicate with stakeholders
Review existing app dev documentations and drafts for new documents to ensure completeness, and establish a monitoring plan. Discuss the next steps.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Build your Future Mobile Development State
- Understand the alignment of stakeholder objectives and priorities to mobile dev IT drivers.
- Assess readiness of your organization for mobile dev.
- Understand how to build your ideal mobile dev process.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Identify and address the gaps in your existing app dev process.
- Build your future mobile dev state.
- List of key stakeholders
Assess your current state
- Stakeholder and IT driver mapping and assessment of current app dev process
Establish your future state
- List of practices to accommodate mobile dev
Module 2: Prepare and Execute your Mobile Program
- Assess the impact of mobile dev on your existing app dev process.
- Prioritize your mobile program.
- Understand the dev practice metrics to gauge success.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Properly prepare for the execution of your mobile program.
- Calculate the ROI of your mobile program.
- Prioritize your mobile program with dependencies in mind.
- Build a communication plan with stakeholders.
Conduct an impact analysis
- Impact analysis of your mobile program and expected ROI
Prepare to execute
- Mobile program order of execution and project dependencies mapping
Communicate with stakeholders
- List of dev practice metrics
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.