Create a Winning BPI Playbook
Don’t waste your time focusing on the “as is.” focus on the improvements and the “to be.”
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
This blueprint will help you apply business process improvement and assess an end-to-end process to determine improvement opportunities. Additionally, this blueprint will assist you in developing a consistent and repeatable standard operating procedure for process improvement.
- Companies understand the importance of business process improvement (BPI) and recognize the touted benefits: cost savings, waste elimination, and process efficiency.
- With this said, 70% of companies that embark on process improvement initiatives fail.
- The high probability of failure is attributed to a number of factors including lack of continuous improvement and failing to define measurable outcomes.
- Adopt a forward-facing outlook. Don’t focus solely on the current state, set improvement targets upfront to drive the initiative.
- Break problems down into root-cause variables. Don’t look at the symptom, dive deeper and alleviate the root cause.
- Empower business analysts. Create a practical process improvement methodology that your analysts can follow.